Sunday, May 28, 2006

For Better or For Worse...I Do

Weddings. There really is something in weddings that strikes the emotional chord in me providing that much needed (im)balance to see the world from a different angle. Because as we get older, we tend to be jaded and wary of all the good things that can go our way. But attending weddings and being drawn to the serenity of the celebration to signify the union of love is another story. To me it connotes that at the end of the day, what matter most is being with someone, through thick and thin, as we journey the life given to us by the one above.

It was picture perfect. For a relationship that was 7 years long, marriage is what's next. And the fact that I went there with Mark and Gabe is truly monumental...although at one point it was kinda scary --- and forgive me when I wouldn't even begin to think of the latter.


Like Father Like Son --- undeniably!

With the newlyweds

More importantly, it was good having to see a very dear friend from way back. Got me to thinking of how precious friendships are as we get older. We learn from our mistakes as we move on and seeing her once again is enough to remind me of some of the best days of my life. It would've been perfect though if our other friend attended the wedding. But as well know, life ain't perfect --- you lose some, you win some :)

That was three years ago. Damn...it's been that long.

With Jill :D

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP