Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Little Boy Goes To Heaven

To me, death is inevitable. No matter how much we don't think about it, sooner or later we will have to face the truth that one day we shall bid this world goodbye and move on to the Great Beyond. I guess the question here is the process of transitioning from this steady state we are in to that "death" state --- do we get diagnosed with some incurable illness? Do we die because of old age? Or are we going to figure in an accident? Different routes and all are going to the same destination...and somehow, when you do sit back and ponder on this, you end up thinking that while these are all part of the journey, we do want to say goodbye on a peaceful note. You know --- no unfinished businesses, no regrets, no I-need-to-do-this-before-I-die moments...and that's the reason why we encounter a lot of readings that go something like: 1000 Things You Should Do Before You Die etc etc. So in a way, while we are out here living our lives, we do prepare for our demise one way or another.

But what happens if life ends in an instant? What happens if everything just stopped from where you are and you can't turn back?

My sister told me the story of how life can end in a blink of an eye. Her ex-boyfriend's nephew, a 7 year old boy who shares the same name as my son, and his family went on a vacation to the US just the other week. Immediately after dropping their luggage at the place they're staying, they proceeded for dinner. Somehwere along the way, they figured in a car accident and the poor little boy had to be amputated. The following day, he was declared brain dead and finally early this week, moved on to the Great Beyond.

I think for a mom like myself and who has a 7 year old son, the very thought is just killing me. Super sad...I can just imagine the pain that the whole family is going through. More so, this little boy had to be the one called by our God to join Him in paradise. As they all say, thy will be done.

Such a downer. You can watch the news clip here.

7 comments:

Anonymous,  9:11 PM  

Sad naman... Super bata pa nung kid. Haay... At least, he's in a better place now...

Kay Calpo 12:10 PM  

Sadness talaga. His name is also Jose Gabriel so you can just imagine how I can "role play" with what happened!

Big Eyed Gal 9:52 PM  

Yikes! Don't! Mas-stress ka lang nyan...

pixie27 8:12 PM  

Grabe nakakaawa naman...Ang hirap isipin na pupunta ka sa isang lugar tapos dun ka pa babawian ng buhay...

Big Eyed Gal 3:41 PM  

Wala lang... Check mo to: http://bigeyedgal.blogspot.com/2008/04/one-vs-eleven.html :-D

♥SomethingPurple♥ 3:07 AM  

Hi kay, i read about this from my 2 friends' blogs then joy told me about this entry of yours. you might want to read the blog that his uncle created for him: http://www.gjaysworld.org/. this is such a tragic loss, when I read the blog, I instantly hugged my son and cried. I cant imagine my life without him.

mwah, em

Anonymous,  11:06 AM  

it's must have been so tragic for the family. if only we can shield our children from such terrible fate...

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP