Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Wrap Up

It's officially a non-working holiday today, but I find myself in the premises of the company I've been working for for the last 6 months to meet a deadline. I still have a million things to do and work just never seems to stop in this side of the world.



But anyway.



A part of me longs for a methodical routine, a kind of lifestyle that can somehow be predicted and be systematic enough to know what else you could and could not accommodate in your life. Mine has been forever erratic --- always on the go, always unpredictable. It's like there is some mad rush hovering my daily grind and for some reason, this methodical approach seems to be very interesting for me. Well, don't we all wish for the things we don't have.

Therefore, while out last Saturday in Alabang, Gabe and myself went to Powerbooks to look around. Gabe found some Goosebumps edition while I, as soon as I entered the store, found this (to your left). Well, not exactly this movie poster but I found the book and caught my fancy. I bought Love in the Time of Cholera a few years back --- 4 years ago I suppose --- as a gift for someone I was crushing over but in time have managed to become the good friends that we are now. It's funny how the line "Love is the only thing that interests me" can make me so sappy back then while now I feel like I wanted to gag myself. Hopefully this book makes my night time a little methodical (gotta catch up on my reading) rather than unpredictable (night cap tonight?).

Reading up and thinking of this magnificent work by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (I must see him while he is still alive --- in Mexico) bring me back to the other more important things in life: your purpose, the destiny you are supposed to be out on a date with and more life-altering decisions you'd have to make in the course of your natural life. You try to do your best while you are at it and at the same time envision a better predicament for yourself in the long run. It's no joke I suppose, so I guess prayers really work well for those who do.

5 comments:

Big Eyed Gal 9:52 PM  

... Which reminds me, I haven't finished reading that book! That was like three years ago... Yikes!

Kay Calpo 7:43 AM  

It's a nice read. Would love to check out the movie too :-)

Big Eyed Gal 11:05 AM  

Sige na nga... Will finish first Shopaholic then will continue with that... After all, summer break na! Weee!!

Big Eyed Gal 11:11 PM  

Have something for you here (http://bigeyedgal.blogspot.com/2008/02/my-quirky-side.html)

Farah 4:11 PM  

nice read, kay =) i love marquez!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP