Monday, February 18, 2008

B is for Barcelona

Yes, finally made that trip! I remember writing in my FB 10-second interview application: Where do you plan to travel next? And the answer was: Europe, particularly Spain.

Oh, the magic of creating positive vibe.

Though there were some glitches along the way (still cringing at the very thought of it), the trip was a good one. I considered myself an alalay in many ways: scheduling pick up rides for my CIO whom I am hosting and arranging for various meetings with my global bosses. I jet lagged for about 2 days straight --- leaving me in my lonely hotel room fending for myself while catching up on my email.

But, but, but. I guess Barcelona has a way of mesmerizing me. I bought myself an SLR to capture the first of so many (European) countries I shall visit in the course of this lifetime!

Out of my sheer excitement in holding my baby for the very first time (I am now fondly calling him Barci, in memory of - make a wild guess - Barcelona), I totally forgot to look at the manual which, since I bought it there, is obviously written in Spanish. Haha. I'm so into the language I know, but then again I don't think I can afford to study my camera just by relying on the kastilaloy manual. Pero me gusta lenguahe de Espanyol! I'm learning how to play with my newest baby by reading up here.

And so, last Valentine's Day, while I was thousands of miles away from Pop and my family, I went around town to check out some sights and snap some photos and I came up with these:




B just isn't for Barcelona only. Here's to B for beautiful!





7 comments:

Big Eyed Gal 8:54 AM  

Nice camera! Nice pictures! Beautiful city!!! Let's meet up so I can see the pics!

Farah 8:03 PM  

nice photos you have here kay :)

just bloghopping!

♥SomethingPurple♥ 1:50 PM  

hi kay, emillie here. gosh i love your SLR! I want one hehehe. have fun shooting!

Kay Calpo 5:37 PM  

Thanks!!! I love it too... :-)

Val - let's meet up soon! I have your keychain...

Farah - thanks! I'm but a beginner in the world of photography. I need some form of sanity outside work!

Em - new baby in the family :) Only thing is it's not alive! Haha

Big Eyed Gal 6:47 PM  

Surely-lee!!! Wee!! Another one for my collection! :-) Thanks!

pixie27 6:35 AM  

I think we have almost the same camera features...Mine is D50 nga lang =) How are you? Si Joy to.

Kay Calpo 10:25 AM  

Thanks Joy! I'm good, doing well back here.
As what they always say in the camera forums, it's the Indian, not the pana! Happy shooting!

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP